Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday


Today is Wednesday. The day "Soloman Grundy" got married, and according to "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day", disagreeable weather occurs on "Winds-day". Wednesday is also the nickname my friend Melissa gives our dispositions as teenagers -- Wednesday Adams. Nice.

I woke up around 4 a.m. feeling little pains in my tummy and having to take a piss. Sammy had gotten out of his cage and was under my bed making noises and I hoped he hadn't been munching on my Crocs under there. When I sat up, I felt Sammy's nose against my toes, and I reached down to feel that his ears were cold.

He didn't run from me, which told me he wanted me to pet him, so I scooped him up and put him on my bed while I went to the pisser. When I got back, I put him on my pillow and Sammy snuggled next to me for about an hour so he could get warm. Bunnies are very sociable, so he made sure to let me know he wanted my hand on the top of his head. He does this by either burrowing his head under my hand, or giving a gentle, but painful nibble with those front inscisors.

I thought about my sister today, but not a day goes by that I don't. My sister Daniella died on July 4, 2009 of a brain aneurysm at the age of 36. Independence Day has a different meaning for me now. This to me is my sister's birthday in Heaven, and her independence from this life. Afterall, is this life not in a sense a temporary incarceration from Heaven? I'm not hating on life, I must have this perspective to always keep in mind that my sister is "in a better place".

Independence Day. My sister now has a national holiday; let me explain. I've always been about correlating birthdays, anniversaries, and deaths with holidays, or historic events. My birthday, June 6 is D-Day, which is the day in 1944 that the Allied troops launched Operation Neptune, or more commonly known as the Normandy Invasion during WWII. My Dad's birthday is November 11, Veteran's Day, and my parents' anniversary is December 7, Pearl Harbor Day, which puts my Mom in my National Holiday Circle by default. Although Daniella got married on Valentine's Day, it doesn't count because it's not attributed to any US battles. Get my thought process here? Independence Day. Wow, Sis, you picked quite a day. The day after Jim Morrison's anniversary, and the day before Mina's. 7-4-09. In numerology, this comes to number 2. God ordered Noah to put two of each animal on the Arc. Two sisters, now one. Two, my second blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment