Friday, December 10, 2010

Tacones


Tacones is Spanish for high heels.  Yes, I could have titled this post "High Heels", but saying it in Spanish sounds sexy.  Say "tacones" as you look in the mirror.  It looks like you're saying something naughty.  That's how I feel when I wear mine...

I will be getting ready to go out in a little while and it just occurred to me, that while I know exactly what I'm going to wear, the shoes will be difficult to decide on.

I have at least 40 pairs of shoes, but only about 8 that I can wear. I no longer wear heels more than an inch and a half tall, and they have to either have an ankle strap, or have a strap that goes across the arch of my foot, so it doesn't accidentally slip off.

My favorite type of shoe has always been ankle straps pumps. They look so demure, yet something about them is incredibly sexy. Perhaps it's the strap, which suggests bondage. I have two pairs that I always wore Salsa dancing because I knew no matter how fast I was turned, the shoe was not going to slip off. The ones I used more were blood-red patent leather, and they attracted a lot of attention, and being the attention whore that I was, I lavished in it.

Heels are better than any chemical that can be ingested or applied, in my opinion. A woman can instantly go from 5'4" to 5'8". You can wear jeans and sneakers and go from kinda frumpy to vavoom with a pair of heels. The walk is transformed gloriously. The legs and back feel longer, the shoulders are squared, and the head is held up. You then walk one leg in front of the other. This makes the hips swing side to side. Wear a low-cut, snug sweater and a pencil skirt, and you are now a vixen. This is the part of my life I miss so much.

I still dress well, wear my make-up, and my hair is nicely coiffed. What I do not have is the heels and the walk that made me the Diva.

I still have those Nine West ankle straps, some silver heeled stilettos that look like sexy biker sandals, black patent-leather Coach maryjanes, others I refuse to do away with. Someday, I will build a showcase of my shoes.   I have great memories tied to them.

So I'm off. Time to get dolled up - just for a couple of errands...

No comments:

Post a Comment